The fifth annual HLFYA program is excited to work with young men & women that want to make a difference in the world.
The Henrik Lundqvist Foundation was founded in 2014 by New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist and his wife Therese to make a difference in the lives of children and their families throughout the world, in the areas of health and education. The Young Ambassadors program was developed because HLF believes in the incredible power of young people to make a difference in the world and we want to give you a platform to do just that!
Applications for the 2020 HLFYA program ARE NOW OPEN. Please submit all of the below information requested (including a letter of recommendation from a teacher, administrator or coach that knows you well and addresses your leadership skills, character traits and ability to balance school work with other activities) on or before December 2, 2019 at 8pm EST to be considered for the 2020 HLFYA Class.
The HLF Young Ambassadors program is open to young men and women ages 12-18 who reside in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. This year, HLFYAs will be expected to fulfill the following program requirements from January 2020 – October 2020:
1. Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of community service (signed off on by a supervisor, teacher, coach, parent or guardian);
2. Complete one (1) independent service project in support of HLF’s mission;
3. Attend at least one (1) HLF-hosted event and/or service project (these projects will be hosted in New York City, at various locations and times throughout the year);
4. Make a short presentation to his/her class, team or other community group about HLF’s mission and his/her work as an HLFYA. All HLFYAs also commit to conducting themselves with integrity and make a promise to embody HLF’s ideals of hard work, determination, service and kindness to others.
5. Participate in the annual HLFYA KidsJam Event.
* Financial assistance is available for participants who may need support to fulfill these requirements.