Thank you for your interest in becoming a Henrik Lundqvist Foundation Young Ambassador (HLFYA)! The Henrik Lundqvist Foundation was founded in 2014 by New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist and his wife Therese to make a difference in the lives of children and their families throughout the world, in the areas of health and education. The Young Ambassadors program was developed because HLF believes in the incredible power of young people to make a difference in the world and we want to give you a platform to do just that!
In order to be selected as an HLFYA you must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 18; and
- Reside in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut
HLFYAs will be asked to serve one academic year, from September 2017 – May 2018. During that year, HLFYAs will be expected to:
- Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of community service (signed off on by a supervisor, teacher, coach, parent or guardian);
- Complete one (1) independent service project in support of HLF’s mission; and
- Attend at least one (1) HLF-hosted event and/or service project (these projects will be hosted in New York City, at various locations and times throughout the year).
If you meet the above criteria and believe that you have what it takes to serve the mission of the Henrik Lundqvist Foundation as a HLF Young Ambassador, we invite you to complete the application below and submit to our website by July 21st, 2017. All timely submitted applications will be reviewed by HLF and the 2017 HLFYA Class will be announced in August 2017.