Thank you for your interest in becoming a Henrik Lundqvist Foundation Young Ambassador (HLFYA)! The Henrik Lundqvist Foundation was founded in 2014 by NHL goaltender Henrik Lundqvist and his wife Therese to make a difference in the lives of children and their families throughout the world, in the areas of health and education. The Young Ambassadors program was developed because HLF believes in the incredible power of young people to make a difference in the world and we want to give you a platform to do just that!
In order to be selected as a 2021 HLFYA you must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 18; and
- Reside in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut (Tri-State area) or Washington D.C., Maryland or Virginia (DC Metro region)
HLFYAs will be asked to serve from January 2021 – October 2021. During that year, HLFYAs will be expected to:
- Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of community service;
- Complete one (1) independent service project in support of HLF’s mission;
- Participate in at least one (1) HLF-hosted event and/or service project (these events/projects will be hosted virtually for at least the first several months of 2021. HLF will make an assessment about the safety of in-person events later in the year);
- Make a short presentation to his/her class, team or other community group about HLF’s mission and his/her work as an HLFYA; and
- Participate in the annual HLFYA KidsJam Kan Jam Tournament event (virtual or in person, TBD).
If you meet the above criteria and believe that you have what it takes to serve the mission of the Henrik Lundqvist Foundation as an HLF Young Ambassador, we invite you to complete the application below and submit it via our website by Monday November 30, 2020 at 8pm EST. All timely submitted applications will be reviewed by HLF and the 2021 HLFYA Class will be announced in late December 2020.