Applications for the HLFYA program are now CLOSED. Please follow HLF on Instagram to see what our Young Ambassadors are up to throughout the year and come back in Fall 2020 for an opportunity to apply for the 2021 class.
Currently in its fifth year, the HLFYA program empowers young men & women who want to be changemakers in their communities and beyond. The program is open to young men and women ages 12-18 who reside in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. This year, HLFYAs are expected to fulfill the following program requirements:
1. Complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of community service (signed off on by a supervisor, teacher, coach, parent or guardian);
2. Complete one (1) independent service project in support of HLF’s mission;
3. Attend at least one (1) HLF-hosted event and/or service project (these projects will be hosted in New York City, at various locations and times throughout the year);
4. Make a short presentation to his/her class, team or other community group about HLF’s mission and his/her work as an HLFYA. All HLFYAs also commit to conducting themselves with integrity and make a promise to embody HLF’s ideals of hard work, determination, service and kindness to others.
5. Participate in the annual HLFYA KidsJam Event.
* Financial assistance is available for participants who may need support to fulfill these requirements.